Monday, May 30, 2011

eating local.

Ever see those bumper stickers that say "eat local"? Well I personally believe in eating produce that is fresh, delicious, and preferably from fair trade farms. If it is local that is even better but I am not limited to strictly local if it follows that criteria. However I do have fond memories of walking up the street and leaving money in a jar in exchange for small bundles of asparagus as well as the satisfaction of picking from our own family garden. So as much as I try to not be a "local food snob" I do often find local companies that make simply awesome products that I like telling people about. My local pick for the week is Grillo's (boston) pickled green tomatoes. These are fantastic, addictive, and perfect for warm weather food. I will try and make something with them this week and get some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment